Unexpectedly available due to backword we are seeking a warden couple available for immediate start, working 3 days per week, until early November.
- Part Time Position – Ideal Working Holiday
- £8.25 per hour + Fully Serviced Pitch + Shop discount + Free Laundry
- Couple with own caravan/motorhome required to work with the Owner and another Warden Couple running this award winning Park.
The park is fairly quiet from April to June with the exception of Spring Bank Holiday, we are then very busy through July and August, returning to quiet for the end part of the season.
We aim to maintain the park in first class condition with well mown grass, well tended hedges and borders, and immaculately clean facilities at all times. We are renowned for our friendly and helpful customer service. You will be the front line in ensuring we maintain and improve this position.
Previous experience of working on a caravan park is an advantage but not essential as full training will be given. You will however have experience of caravanning or camping and understand the requirements of our customers. You will also be able to fulfil the person profile below.
- Reception / Shop (Arrivals, general shop, telephone, bookings etc)
- Using computerised on-line booking system and other computerised admin systems (full computer literacy required)
- Ground maintenance (grass cutting, planting and maintaining flower borders, hedge trimming, etc)
- General maintenance (buildings & exterior structures)
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
- NB: These positions include outdoor working including during times of inclement weather. We allow you to split responsibility for areas of work as you prefer, however it is desirable that you would both be able and willing to cover indoor and outdoor duties as the balance between these varies considerably over the season.
- Reception / Shop / Arrivals / Telephone – Low season: 2 days per week – High Season: 3 days per week
- Ground Maintenance / Cleaning – 3 days per week
- Hours are variable by day and throughout the season – You will work alongside the Owner and our other Warden Couple
- Weekends/Bank holidays are normal working days
Pay & Benefits:
- £8.25 per hour
- Free hardstanding pitch with electric hookup, fresh water hookup and waste water drain on-pitch (no charge for electricity used).
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per annum (pro rata), to be taken at end of contract period.
- Free use of washing machine.
- Free WiFi
- 10% discount on purchases from on-site shop (except gas, tobacco and spirits).
- Active and enthusiastic team member
- Friendly and welcoming attitude, good telephone manner, willing to help
- Able to manage own workload, does not require direct supervision
- Involved in the business, looking to improve our service to customers
- Highly Computer literate, you will be comfortable working with our on-line booking systems, epos till systems, worksheet applications, internet browsers and email clients.
- Full driving licence
- Dog lover – the Park Dogs are usually in Reception when open
- Please note that long days are part of this position particularly in the peak summer season.
How to apply:
Please send full CV or equivalent and covering letter (which should explain your interest in the position and demonstrate fulfilment of the person profile above) and details of 2 referees to Marcus at [email protected]. If you are selected for interview this will take place by telephone.